Yes, The Mobile Home Park Can Make You Move Your Home!
The park can require you to remove your home if:
- The Park decides to sell the community.
- Your mobile home is declared unsafe or unsanitary.
- You are being evicted for nonpayment or for violating park rules.
What Are Your Rights?
In all cases, the park management is required to provide you with a written notice.
- If the mobile home park is being sold or closed, management is required to give you a 365 days notice to relocate your mobile home.
- If your mobile home is deemed “unsafe or unsanitary”, the park must first give you a notice and a period of time to repair the home to meet reasonable park standards. In this case, it is important to note that a park cannot force a home out based on a home’s style, size or age.
- If you are being evicted, the park must declare the reason as a “good cause” that breaks a written rule and/or term in the lease. Park management is required to provide written notice and serve via postal mail and by the notice posting on the home. This protocol is called a “Notice to Quit”. Tenants are provided a period of no less than 30 days from the notice being posted to remove the home from the space.
Click the HERE to read more about your rights as a mobile home owner.
Thinking About selling? Let’s Keep In Touch!
Give us a call for a free consultation! Connect with us on Facebook!